pinterest

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Decorating for Autumn

How do you decorate for Fall?  Leaves on the mantle?  A pumpkin centerpiece on your table?

Plain velvet pumpkins are all over bloggy-land...so I came up with something different...pumpkins made from vintage silk beaded evening gowns!
 Why not put a little sparkle in your Autumn??
 I always wonder who wore this evening gown?  Did she wear it to a fancy Christmas party?  On a first date?       I made this one from a wedding gown.  Did the groom cry when the bride walked down the aisle?
Or do you prefer a more colorful Autumn??  These purple pumpkins were made from a Mardi Gras Ball evening gown.
 When I saw the silk plaid dress (below), I immediately thought of the Burberry brand.  Same colors and general look.  So in my Etsy shop, I called these pumpkins inspired by Burberry.  Amazingly, the Burberry company itself sent me an email through my Etsy shop.  They explained that I could not use that term, so now I just refer to them as 'plaid'.  
Do you prefer the popular all-neutral farmhouse look of Fixer-Upper for fall? 

Or the more colorful version of Fall? 

I love both!
Hugs, Catherine
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Made by you Monday at Skip To My Lou
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Create, Bake, and Grow Together at  http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/
A Morning Cup of Joe Linky Party (Friday) at The Cottage Market
Let's Talk Vintage Party at Bella Rosa Antiques
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
To Grandma's House We Go at Abbots at Home
Talk of the town at Knick of Time
Creative Inspirations (Wednesdays) at Embracing Change
Cooking & Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle
Tuesdays at our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson
Home & Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
The Creative Circle (Thursday) at Seeking Lavender Lane
Share your style party at The Essence of Home
Pin Junkie Pin Party (Thursday) at The Pin Junkie
 Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Snickerdoodle Sunday at Across the Boulevard
 Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes 
Happiness is Homemade at The Painted Hinge
Hauntingly Beautiful Halloween Décor Link Party at Follow the Yellow Brick Home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!