pinterest

Friday, February 26, 2016

Hippity Hoppity!

Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way!

Childhood memory: There was a radio station with the call letters "WBAP" that my mom listened to sometimes...In our childlike minds (My siblings and I), we wondered what the letters stood for, and we came up with "White Bunnies Are Pretty." We'd pass by billboards advertising the radio station, and we'd all yell "White Bunnies Are Pretty!"....(I am one of 7 children).




 It's Super Glam Bunny!!   I began with a paper mache bunny... painted her white... then covered her entirely in luxurious silk chiffon beaded & pearled fabric that was from a vintage formal evening gown...several different gowns, actually. I've pieced them together strategically to make this sweet bunny extra gorgeous and glam! 


 But that just wasn't enough....so I've decorated her in glitzy vintage rhinestone jewels! On her head is a crown-like set of jewels to accent her pretty face. Here necklace is a vintage rhinestone bracelet, and I hung a chandelier crystal for her pendant. Down her back are rhinestone chevrons....then around her sides & back are more rhinestones and a delicate chain draping down and sewn on to her necklace.

 
Look at her swirly little cottontail! Then I also made a sweet little nest of eggs also covered in beaded fabric and set it a pretty little silver bowl.....  Here are a few more pretties that I made for Easter.



 Pinks and Blues and Yellows, OH MY!!





Aren't the sequins fabulous?!  So much fun creating these!  :)
Check back soon to see the decorated bottles I made in the same style, complete with an Easter egg stopper to go on top of the bottle.  Thanks for visiting my little blog-- so happy you are here!
Hugs, Catherine
Sharing with these fun parties:
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
 Project Inspired at  Extraordinary Day
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined
Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
 Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures

Simply Neutral Tuesday at Apple Apricot
Let's Talk Vintage Party at Bella Rosa Antiques
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Cooking & Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle
Five star frou frou at A tray of Bliss
Tuesdays at our Home at Our Home Away From Home
You're Gonna  Love It (Tuesday) at Kathe with an E
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Share your style Thursday at Common Ground
Share your Creativity (Saturday) at Welcome To It's Overflowing
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
 Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
Pin me Linky Party at Diana Rambles
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events
Snickerdoodle Sunday at Across the Boulevard
 Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes 
Saturday Show Off Party at Rose Garden Malevik

20 comments:

  1. How lovely your creations are. It's a real talent to transform vintage objects to such beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be the most glamorous Easter Bunny to be seen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your creations are stunning.....
    Love,love,love the bunny....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the things you make. Where oh where do you find all the vintage gowns? I shop thrift stores near me but don't ever find anything vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HPS! Anything with tea or Easter makes me dreamy eyed! I love that bunny so glamours! Ten the eggs, ah, oh, simply sparkling and beautiful! I love the White Bunnies Are Pretty too! You must have had a terrific childhood. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for these terrific shares. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, gorgeous bunny. You make everything so glamorous and pretty. The eggs really sparkle. Perfect for a lovely Easter setting. Thanks for linking up to Dishing It & Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Pinned also. Best wishes, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Catherine. How lovely to meet you. Your bunnies and the memories of the radio station are gorgeous. I adore anything with bling so this is dreamy from my point of view! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness! that is one fancy bunny and those eggs are gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Catherine, how wonderful to see you joining Simply Neutrals again! I never saw an Easter bunny more beautiful than this one, so gorgeous! And I LOVE the sea glass coloured eggs, wow, so gorgeous too! Thank you for sharing! Wishing you a wonderful day, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Catherine,
    Wow, I love your gorgeous bunny and eggs. So much Bling!! You did a great job making them so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Catherine,
    Your Easter bunny and eggs are sumptuous. Splendid job.
    Have a great week.
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely dazzling Catherine! Your bunny is exquisite! (great little cotton tail swirl: ) and the nest & eggs sets so beautiful. ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww. These are so cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Regal Easter and that's the kind I love. Beautiful bunny and eggs!! Now that's the kind of Easter Decorations I want. Take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for for sharing them with us at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your eggs and bunny are absolutely gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one stunning Easter bunny, and those eggs are so lovely and fun. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh, the bunny is so fancy and the eggs are gorgeous! I especially love the aqua ones. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful project, I especially love the eggs! (The bunny is lovely also, though!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!