pinterest

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Music Themed Christmas

Have you ever decorated in a themed Christmas Décor?
This is my first time.....Usually I love the traditional look, mixed in with vintage, and items from my own childhood.  But, hey, variety is the spice of life, isn't it?

Vintage sheet music is not very hard to find at flea markets.  So I put it to good use making rolled sheets of music.  Then I used cookie cutters to trace shapes of ornaments & cut them out with scissors.....I even used piano legs from an old piano in the vignette!!


I made rosettes and pinwheels too....

I found the piano legs at the Canton Flea Market in Texas.  The sellers told me that they couldn't even give the piano away for free.  So they sliced it up into pieces and sold the pieces.  I bought these two pieces/legs for $15.  Aren't they so pretty?  After Christmas, I think I'll hang them on a wall somewhere.


Behind this vignette, I hung a vintage evening gown.   As much as I love the all-white theme of some beautiful houses, I really love color also.  The wall behind this cabinet is yellow, so to get the neutral them of this vignette, I just used what I had on hand.  Vintage evening gowns are what I use to create many projects, so I used one of those.  Next fall, I'll use this gown to make ornate pumpkins.

The music pages are a great resource to make pinwheels and rosettes!!  They're fast, easy, and fun!  Glitter makes them even better!  Glitter Done!!



See the oh-so-pretty reindeer?


 I began with a paper mache reindeer.  Covered him with pieces of beaded gowns and then added extra bling with vintage jewelry.  His antlers are covered in silver German glass glitter.  I was going to keep him for myself, but a friend called me after I posted his photo on facebook, and said she wanted to buy him. She now calls him "my precious!"   Well....I guess I'll make another one for myself!
Merry Christmas, Everyone!
Hugs, Catherine
Sharing with these fun parties:
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
 Project Inspired at  Extraordinary Day
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Made by you Monday at Skip To My Lou
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined
Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
 Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures
Boutique Tuesday at Prodigal Pieces
Simply Neutral Tuesday at Apple Apricot
Let's Talk Vintage Party at Bella Rosa Antiques
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Cooking & Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle
Transformed Tuesdays at PJH Designs One of a Kind
Tuesdays at our Home at Our Home Away From Home
You're Gonna  Love It (Tuesday) at Kathe with an E
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Share your style Thursday at Common Ground
Share your Creativity (Saturday) at Welcome To It's Overflowing
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
 Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
Pin me Linky Party at Diana Rambles
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events
Snickerdoodle Sunday at Across the Boulevard
 Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes 
Saturday Show Off Party at Rose Garden Malevik




16 comments:

  1. It's all so beautiful! Love the way you showcased the music sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making Christmas decorations and ornaments using sheet music! Yours are so pretty!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's just gorgeous your sheet music decorations for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love the idea of using sheet music for ornaments and artistic creations. I even like using it for gift wrap.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! It's sad but true about old pianos; no one wants them even if it's free and they are expensive to move too...so heavy.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of the sheet music! so clever and creative~ Nice to see you sharing @ Simply Neutrals Tuesday! Have a blessed week, Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. A feast for the eyes! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely Christmas vignette. I especially adore your wooden piano with the carved pattern. thanks for joining Simply neutrals.
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a neat idea you have here!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like music paper also and bought 2 rolls of the new Hallmark music paper this year to wrap my presents in, I may have to keep it for projects and use the Hallmark plaid paper I purchased also LOL
    Your reindeer was dreamy and no wonder a friend wanted it.
    You have gorgeous ideas
    Thanks for visiting my blog
    I like your idea of using old beaded dresses also

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallmark has music wrapping paper??!! Holy Cow! I've got to go get some for wrapping the presents!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I know you've shared this before at Five Star Frou-Frou, but can we please have an encore for Christmas? Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well being this was your First Themed Christmas I think you should do it more often since you Created a Superb Theme and I just Loved everything about it, including the Colors!!! Thank You for coming by for a Blog Visit so that I could Discover your Beautiful Blog! Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely beautiful, Catherine. Old music paper is one of my favorite things to collect and work with. Your little deer is such a beauty. So much lovely inspiration here! Christmas blessings to you.

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had an awesome Christmas party! Last month, arranged a party with my friends at one of iconic local venues and invited everyone. It was truly a wonderful party and had some delicious food there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!