pinterest

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Prettiest Party Hats Ever!

New beginnings...resolutions...parties with friends...family time --- must be New Year's Eve!

Party hats were my choice for centerpieces.  Since no one really ever wants to wear them, I just made them for decorations.
I used cardboard cones, and covered them with beaded fabric.  I only needed small pieces for this project, so I used left over pieces from making pumpkins last autumn.





For the party hat in the center, I set the hat in a vintage vanity tray, then added corks, clock hands from Hobby Lobby, and an old clock face.

Little clock faces and clock gear clip art is easy enough to find and print.  Then just add glitter and rhinestones!



Gotta love GLITTER!!!

Now let's go over to the other side of the dining room.
A floating candle in a large glass vase covered in rhinestone mesh and a Dom Perignon champagne label....next to little sleds holding -- guess what?  MORE little party hats!!



 The front and back of each party hat was decorated!!
And on to the kitchen where we had snacks ready for guests.
 So, of course, we served chips in....Party hats!!


A broken clock...hmm...my daughter set it at midnight, then I spray painted it in silver glitter!

The New Year wreath that I made:
 I used vintage beaded fabric, an old clock face...which I set to midnight and blinged up with rhinestones.
 Another Champagne label -- adorned with rhinestones and pearls and jewelry oh my!!  Then I added a chandelier crystal in the shape of a drop (of champagne?!)
 Auld Lang Syne label for this record...
 and MORE rhinestones!!
 Kids are welcome at all of the parties at our house, and my 12 year old daughter wanted to do a balloon drop at midnight.  I thought this was a great idea!  So I took two dry-cleaner bags, taped them together, then taped them to the ceiling.  We wrote fun New Year slogans on the balloons, and put them in the bags.

At midnight, the dads stood on chairs, and reached up to drop the balloons on the kids!
So much fun!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined 

Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage

The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Fridays Unfolded at Nancharrow.com

Inspire me Tuesday at A stroll through life
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farm House



Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
You're Gonna  Love It (Tuesday) at Kathe with an E
Vintage Inspiration Party (Tuesday) at My Salvaged Treasures
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Centerpiece Wednesday at The Style Sisters
Strut your stuff Saturday at Six Sisters
 Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
 Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes
Share your Creativity (Saturday) at Welcome To It's Overflowing
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
 Fabulously Creative Friday at  Jennifer Rizzo

What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Monday Party at Chateau Des Fleurs
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events

6 comments:

  1. Lots of cute, clever ideas for a New Year's Eve party. Will have to pin some of your photos to remember. Thanks and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had an amazing time welcoming in the New Year and hope 2015 will hold much joy and peace for you! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These hats are so fun and pretty. I bet they made the perfect decor for ringing in the New Year. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the glammed up party hats for your centerpiece and to serve snacks! You did a great job on them as well as the NY's wreath. Looks like a fun party for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun ideas! Love, love the party hats. I have that same clock, but I painted mine white. Cute all blinged up for New Years! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a really fun party. All your decorations look so festive, and I especially like the way you used the clock faces and the old records. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!