pinterest

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Outdoor Wedding under a Gazebo

Historic home.....ornate columns....lush back yard grounds.....shady back porch.....pretty Victorian gazebo decorated in swaths of white tulle, a hanging chandelier,  more chandelier crystals, crystal curtain tie backs, summer flowers, and lots of family and friends.....all add up to one beautiful outdoor wedding!
 This gazebo was so pretty -- I was so excited to be able to decorate it!  I used lots and lots of white tulle, then added a crystal chandelier in the middle of the ceiling.  Then added a crystal chain hanging down on the sides of the tulle curtains.  See the tie backs?  It's hard to see without a close up, but I used crystal tie backs!  More on these later.


This sweet couple chose the historic Surrey House in downtown McKinney, Texas for their wedding venue. 

White fireplace mantles were a perfect background for the wedding cake area.  I decorated the mantle with ornate white iron scroll work pieces adorned with pearl and rhinestone appliques and a lavender tulle bow.  Fresh greenery from my yard surrounds the scroll work.  On the sides of the mantle, I placed photos of the bride and groom. 
The photo holders are my own creation.  I painted candlesticks in a white metallic paint and embellished them with lots of vintage jewelry pieces.  Then as a whimsical touch, a dowel stick wrapped in  glittered wedding wrapping paper holds the photos.  I tied pretty white and lavender and lace ribbons under the lavender glitter background of the photos.


Pretty and fun at the same time!


Here is the mantle in the next room.
Okay, now this is my favorite creation lately!!  A wedding photo wreath!


This wreath is made from vintage beaded gowns including wedding gowns.  I pieced them together all around this simple wreath form.  (Yes, I hand-sewed each piece onto the wreath.)  Then the bride emailed me photos of the family, and I printed them all on simple card stock, cut them out and placed them on the wreath with white pearl corsage pins. Weddings are all about family, so this was a good way to celebrate happy family moments.

I was going to keep the bow fairly simple with just lots of ribbons and lace....but it just needed something extra - so this vintage rhinestone shoe clip was perfect!  I hung the wreath at eye level so that everyone could enjoy the family photos.

Centerpieces were lavender water beads with a floating candle in the center...see those rhinestones around the edge of the bowl?  Must have sparkle at a wedding!


The bride chose to alternate two centerpieces on the tables for variety.  I created this boxwood topiary centerpiece with greenery from my own yard.  The shape is one I created with a strong wire, and I reuse it in different ways.  This topiary sat upon clear water beads with submersible lights, and we inserted purple tulips in the water beads.  Last, a chandelier crystal pendent hung inside the topiary from the top center.

 It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but at the bottom of this centerpiece is a "metal ribbon."  I cut it to size, wired it closed, and used the metal ribbon circle to embellish the plain glass bowls that the venue provided.


Okay, now let's go outside! 
The guests signed in at this welcoming table.  The wooden sign I used was a repurposed table leg...I added the boxwood arch on top and personalized the sign with the bride and groom's names.  I added beaded strands and crystal pendants to the arch as well.  The container for the cards was a wooden drawer from an antique sewing machine.  I lined the inside with bridal fabric and lace.


 The florist brought these fabulous arrangements.
 The Bride's brother helped me hang the tulle curtains- love a tall helper!  (I put everyone to work...)   Don't you just love those crystal tie-backs!!

They are actually picture frames that my husband re-worked to be curtain tie-backs. (I love to give him crazy projects that I dream up...he's a good sport!)

The back porch was a nice shady spot for guests to escape the hot Texas sun.  Simple draped tulle around the edges was all it needed.
What a great photographer they had!  Look at this photo!  Aaawww!!

Hugs, Catherine
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Made by you Monday at Skip To My Lou
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined 
Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Fridays Unfolded at Nancharrow.com
Inspire me Tuesday at A stroll through life
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time Interiors
Boutique Tuesday at Prodigal Pieces
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Tuesdays at our Home at Our Home Away From Home
You're Gonna  Love It (Tuesday) at Kathe with an E
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits at StoneGable
Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Centerpiece Wednesday at The Style Sisters
Strut your stuff Saturday at Six Sisters
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes
Share your Creativity (Saturday) at Welcome To It's Overflowing
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
 Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
Fabulously Creative Friday at  Jennifer Rizzo
Pin me Linky Party at Diana Rambles
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Monday Party at Chateau Des Fleurs
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events
 




15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, and I LOVE the photo wreath!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an extraordinary outdoor wedding - so pretty!

    My youngest is getting married outdoors in Aug 2015 - hope to capture it as well as you have with this.

    Well done.

    I wish the happy couple years of marital bliss and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely setting and I LOVE the tiebacks! The house looks very similar to my great grandparents house in SC! All of your added touches were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is lovely Catherine! The gazebo is just breathtaking with all the tulle and crystals! I love the photo wreath also. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job decorating for this wedding - so many interesting details. I love that not only do you decorate but you DIY a lot of it. Wish you lived near me because my daughter is getting married and plans to exchange their nuptials under a gazebo.
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! Yes, love to DIY! Good luck with your daughter's wedding -- congratulations to her! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my word, this wedding is stunning, you are sooo very talented sweet lady! Loved the gazebo decorations, simply gorgeous!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! Love that Gazebo!! And i adore that lace wreath!! Stunning!!

    Thanks so much for your visit and kind words!!

    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous wedding, you did a fabulous job! I love the sign made from the table legs, and how you worked in so many vintage and elegant pieces.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wedding decor! The vintage and elegant pieces that you used are so beautiful.
    I love the sign made from the legs, everything is so unique!
    Great job!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just magical. You did a wonderful job creating enchantment. I found myself focusing on the tulle because I just bought some today. The jewels and crystals are just fantastic. I saw your link at Ivy and Elephants. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!