pinterest

Friday, September 12, 2014

Elegant Haunted Halloween House


Getting ready for Halloween yet?  
It's the holiday I've always decorated for the least.  Mostly because of the black and orange plastic decor, but also because I had little ones who didn't want anything remotely scary/spooky.
So....why not ELEGANT Halloween??
Here's my version of an elegant haunted house!


Yes, indeed!  Elegant Halloween!  Even my wee ghostie is decked out in silk and beads and sequins!  I made her with a wooden spool, styrofoam ball and a wooden dowel stick.  I weighed the spool down with a metal bolt to keep the ghost from falling over.   Must be a girl ghost; she's way too pretty to be a boy ghost!  Ha!
This house was a Putz House, or paper mache house from Hobby Lobby.  I spray painted it gold, then covered it in pieces of several different vintage evening gowns.  Silk beaded evening gowns.  Black on the sides of the house...

 And silver and gold on the roof....
Evening photo with camera flash...

 Daylight photo
And yes -- those are shingles made of FEATHERS on the roof!  As my daughter said, "they almost look like a leopard print feather, Mom."  Well, actually they are pheasant feathers.  No feather covered leopards running around that I know of....

Since I couldn't put a candle inside, I went for battery operated lights inside to make the house glow.


 See the little owl dangling from the roof?  Since the roof was covered in fabric, I was able to sew on the little owl and have it hang down -- you know, he's just flying around.....



 So there you have it!  A crazy outrageous Halloween House that won't scare any kiddos, and would still be great for a festive Halloween party!  As Magnolia Pearl says, "Don't be afraid to layer beauty on top of beauty."    Mission Accomplished!! :)


Hugs, Catherine
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Made by you Monday at Skip To My Lou
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined 

Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Fridays Unfolded at Nancharrow.com
Inspire me Tuesday at A stroll through life
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time Interiors
Boutique Tuesday at Prodigal Pieces
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Tuesdays at our Home at Our Home Away From Home
You're Gonna  Love It (Tuesday) at Kathe with an E
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits at StoneGable
Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Centerpiece Wednesday at The Style Sisters
Strut your stuff Saturday at Six Sisters
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes
Share your Creativity (Saturday) at Welcome To It's Overflowing
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
 Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
Fabulously Creative Friday at  Jennifer Rizzo
Pin me Linky Party at Diana Rambles
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Monday Party at Chateau Des Fleurs
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events
Hauntingly Beautiful Décor Link Party at Follow the yellow Brick Home

 


10 comments:

  1. I can't believe you can even make Haunted houses look so glam Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are so creative. I made a few similar houses for Christmas last year, and you have just inspired me to make some for Halloween, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Right down my alley....festive, beautiful and ooh la la..Thanks for your visit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really glam Halloween houses. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is the first elegant haunted house I have ever seen! Gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Featuring you tomorrow! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a gorgeous and pretty haunted house! I love it and you did a great job decorating it. That was a lot of work and patience! I saw it at Isabelle's party! Have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the prettiest haunted house ever! I traditionally like a little spooky in my Halloween, but I love this too!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I made the same HL house into a haunted Halloween mansion! I love your elegant take on Halloween, and all the textures you used!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun Halloween craft, Love it!! Pinning to my Halloween board! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!