pinterest

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Book Spine Flags & A Trip to Napa Valley

Happy Independence Day, Everyone!
Sweet land of liberty -- of thee I sing!

So recently I got a special request....to make a book spine flag similar to another I had made a few years ago.  So I made a new flag with red, white, and blue book spines....

And the lady liked it so much that she wanted three more -- not for herself, but to give as gifts.....
....Gifts for three friends that were going to accompany her on her birthday trip to Napa Valley!  How incredibly sweet is that?  Giving gifts to your friends on your own birthday!  She must be quite a lovely lady, don't you think?  Wouldn't you like to be her friend?
These flags are backed on foam board that I covered in bible pages....the bible is from the 1800's, and the pages are quite yellowed with age.  I bought the bible at a flea market in Canton, TX....it was completely falling apart, so I have given it a new life...
Under the book spines, I added some felt to help them stand up a bit....I liked that better than the flattened book spines I used a few years ago.... (separate blog post shows that)
 
Then I used various trims and chains on the bottom of the flag...patriotic medals, keys, etc.
So here's to hoping you have a great Independence Day, Everyone!  And I hope my customer has a lovely birthday trip with her friends!

Here's what else I've been working on for the 4th of July.... a mixed media/fabric wall hanging... It is currently in my Etsy Shop along with 4th of July/USA banners made from vintage book covers.

 The ribbons on this banner are printed with all of the Constitutional Amendments....I printed them myself onto fabric, then cut them into ribbons...

Enjoy your 4th of July!
Hugs, Catherine
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Made by you Monday at Skip To My Lou
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Table it at Rustic and Refined
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Create, Bake, and Grow Together at  http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/
Let's Talk Vintage Party at Bella Rosa Antiques
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Cooking & Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle
Tuesdays at our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Share your style party at The Essence of Home
 Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events
Snickerdoodle Sunday at Across the Boulevard
 Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes 
Happiness is Homemade at The Painted Hinge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!