pinterest

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Silver & Lavender Couples Shower

It's a couples shower!  Silver and Lavender are the wedding colors for this couple.  A pretty combination!
Since it was a couples shower, I didn't want to decorate too girly.  So I kept it neutral with the silver, black and white banners.  Floating candles inside cylinder vases adorn the mantle.
Guests were greeted at the front door with a wreath that I made from vintage wedding gowns and white silk beaded evening gowns.
 
Once inside, I placed an embellished floating candle arrangement on the foyer table.
I wrapped the glass vase in rhinestone mesh that I embellished even MORE with bridal lace, beaded trim, metal ribbon, crystals, and a brooch!  Then I placed the vase on this embellished white pedestal that is just dripping with crystals!
As guests turned to the right, here's what they saw next....

Then comes the buffet table!

 I wrapped this two-tiered serving tray in rhinestone mesh

I made little monogrammed cupcake/food toppers with the initials of the bride and groom.
 Even the Sushi got  little monogrammed food toppers!
 Here are the little wedding bells that I made to hang from the chandelier over the buffet table.
  I made them with paper mache ornaments that were meant to be Christmas ornaments.  Just covered them in silk beaded bridal fabric - little wedding bells - I love them!!
 
Even the water bottles were decorated!
On to the gift table....
 I painted and embellished this lamp base to be the base for this sign.
Want to see a close up of this mantle?




So there you have it!  A couples shower where everyone had a great time with great food!  (I can take no credit for the food....only the decor and buffet set up/decor.)  The food was beautiful, and looked quite tasty!  Hope this inspires you for your next party!

Cheers! Catherine
Sharing with these fun linky parties:
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings

Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Table it at Rustic and Refined 


Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/

The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 

Fridays Unfolded at Nancharrow.com
Inspire me Tuesday at A stroll through life
Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farm House
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
You're Gonna  Love It (Tuesday) at Kathe with an E
Vintage Inspiration Party (Tuesday) at My Salvaged Treasures
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Centerpiece Wednesday at The Style Sisters
Whimsy Wednesday at Simply Designing
 Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
 Share Your Cup Thursday at Jann Olson BlogSpot
Saturday Sparks Linky Party at Pieced Pastimes
 What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

 Link Party Palooza at Tater Tots and Jello
Shabbilicious Friday at Shabby Art Boutique
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
What to do weekends at Crafts a la mode
Share it One More Time Sunday at One More Time Events

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mantel!And the table looks so glamorous!

    I hope you will share your post with our Link Up - Idea box:

    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/03/idea-box-thursday-link-party-2.html

    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous shower! I love everything! The table - *gasp* so breathtaking! Your wreath and candle are to die for! So glad I stopped by!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine- I've never seen the silver and purple done before and the wreath on the door was so unique. This lucky couple hit the jackpot with you as a resource. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Catherine! The wreath and the bells are absolutely stunning! The food looks super yummy also. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the monogrammed cupcake toppers... loved even more that they weren't cupcakes but more like small mini cakes. Nicely done on the wedding bells! What a creative idea. Definitely pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Catherine- I am now your 119th follower!

    This post took my breath away- everything is so amazing.

    Hugs.
    Linda'
    Bestoflongislandandcentralflorida

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!